Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

April 30, 2008

Our thoughts on the internship finally

Well we are back in Rexburg. We are happy to be back and into our new apartment. We are excited to be around family again. I still remember leaving Rexburg on January 2 not really knowing what we were getting ourselves into. The first night we got into our apartment in Connecticut, I remember thinking to myself "what are we doing here and why did we go so far away?" We had no idea what to expect. However, we are grateful we took this adventure. It was a great experience and the New Canaan ward is amazing. They made us feel so welcome and truly felt like "family". We met some wonderful people that were hard to leave behind but we are going to stay in contact with them. We also met some really cute and fun kids that would be fun to see as they get older. Even thought it was hard to be away from family and so far away from our "normal" lives, we learned a lot and were able to grow as individuals and as a couple.

2 comments:

Darin and Carolyn said...

Well we are so glad to have you guys back! I know it was a great adventure and experience, but seriously...never leave us again that far away!!

Stokers said...

Now that I'm gone away from Rexburg I know exactly what you mean. It's hard being away from home and from family but I've already made lots of new friends and it's been a great experience so far, as I know it will only get better. I wish we would have gotten a chance to see you guys before we left though. Hey, you can always come visit and then go visit CT. Haha you've barely beeen home. Anyway, we love and miss you guys! Have fun with the wii. :)